How to Make And Use Moon Water?
Do you ever feel like you are getting closer or more emotional when the full moon is coming? Witches believe that the Moon can control our emotions, and sentient beings like us have a deep attachment to the Moon's energy. On full moon days, our emotions can sometimes become difficult to control, maybe easier to anger, or easier to cry, ... These are emotional energies that need to be released, and the Moon is making sure it is done.
The moon is like a mirror that amplifies energy, both good and bad, and our sixth sense. Moon energy is most powerful on full moon days and we can use its power. The moon has high cleansing properties and at the same time opens up, connected to the nature hidden deep within us, we can use that energy through the Moon Water (Some time it is also called Lunar Water).
Moon Water is water that has been fully charged with the energy of the Moon, so it recharges water on full Moon or Super Moon days. Moon water has many uses such as cleansing, recharging the body, giving stones, creating perfume, potion, ... I will talk about the uses in the following articles.
Here's how to create Moon Water:
- Fill the jar (bowl, cup, glass, ...) with filtered water, it is recommended to use a water bottle or jar to have a screw cap in the ant room, dust, bugs, ...
- Choose a place the moonlight can reach either at your altar corner or window sill and leave the jar there overnight.
- Pray (bless) for your water and bring your wish to the water in the vase. Some sorcerers like the Reiki draw more characters on the vase.
- You can use that water the next morning.
There are some notes for witches:
- Should leave the water overnight, the more moonlight the water is, the more energy it will be charged.
- If using a reusable bottle or not being used for a long time, wash it with salt water and dry before using it, then wash the bottle with soap, rinse with hot water.
- You can do step 3 or step 2 first.
- Water can be stored in the refrigerator to prolong its use time.
- The above method is the most common way that witches today often use, asking nothing about a jar, some witches prefer asking for more about the vase or having longer blessings. Here are a few things about the color, decoration of the vase, the stone, and the extra blessing that you want to make.
Some more rituals for step 3 (choose the one you like, or do as you please as long as you feel it is right):
- Hold the jar with two hands.
- Keep the bottle close to the chest where the heart is.
- Sing or read hymns.
- Ask for the Moon to recharge your water.
You can choose the color of the vase corresponding to your wishes (or purpose):
- Transparent: lucid, focused, clear, elemental gas, magic moon, heal.
- White opaque: Moon energy, storm magic, protect, heal.
- Pink: love, relationships, friendship.
- Red: passion, elemental fire, love, love magic (sex).
- Amber (orange light yellow): magic animal, elemental earth, protection.
- Green: faerie magic, prosperity, wealth, health, and healing.
- Blue (sea/sky): water magic, mermaid magic, heal, psychic powers boost, divination, tranquility, Blue Moon magick.
- Purple: Spiritual element, magic, increase self-strength, protect.
In addition, you can add sea salt, snail shells, cleansing stones, zodiac stones, ... Remember that some things cannot be put into the water such as herbs because they are perishable, pearls will lose their brightness or be broken, .... remember to find out what you put in to see if it is harmful to your health.