Witch Tips » pagan
For many witches, the essential magical oils are a staple component of ritual and magical practice. In this article, we’ll discuss the incredible magical uses of essential oils as well as provide you with an essential oil magical properties chart.
Discover Witch Clothing collection
How are oils used in magic?
Besides other common ingredients of spellwork, magical oils tend to be more of a supplement than the main feature. Witches use them to rub the ritual tools, the crystals, the talismans and amulets, and even the bodies as well. Oils are often used to create the incense.
They are particularly excellent for use in candle magic and charm-making. In general, magical can be enhanced by the use of oils—whether you’re using a single scent or a blend of three or more.
What’s magic about essential oils?
Firstly, they contain the magical energies of the plants from which they are made - the trees, shrubs, flowers, etc. that are transformed into liquid form. The natural plants themselves are living beings, with their own living intelligence that can work perfectly harmony with nature.
Moreover, the second “trick” that magical oils have up their sleeve is the power of scent as well as the effect it has on the mind. The smell from myrrh and cedarwood, for instance, or a blend of lavender and clove, seem to instantly awaken something in us that’s beyond our ordinary sense of smell and put us into a different frame of mind - one that is more in touch with the invisible powers of the Universe. Therefore more able to direct those powers to achieve our aims.
After all, if you can’t send for the necessary state of mind to send your intention confidently into the Universe, you’re unlikely to get the results you that expect. This is the reason why incense is such a key part of ritual and magic in Wiccan and other Pagan traditions.
How to make the own magical oils?
Since many essential oils can be on the pricey side, it’s best to start with just two or three single oils, which you can use individually and to make your own blends. You can also find a variety of quality pre-made blends.
Top list magical oils are best for beginners to start
Many witches concern that what are the best magical oils for beginners to star? The answer to this question is that this is different for each person, so you’ll need to use your intuition.
- Cinnamon: love, money, power, preservation, prosperity, protection
- Chamomile: growth, happiness, healing, success, whimsy.
- Jasmine: love, night rituals, passion, intuition, psychic abilities.
- Lavender: cleansing, beauty, soothing, relieve anxiety.
- Lemon: purifying, energizing, renewal, confidence.
- Orange: confidence, sun magic, growth, self-esteem, power, prosperity, the god.
- Peppermint: cleansing, money, energy, love.
How to use essential oils in magic effectively?
We’ve provided essential oil magical properties chart, but what’s the use in knowing the magical properties if you don’t know how to use essential oils in your practice?
Here are our favorite ways to use essential oils in magic:
- Firstly, add a few drops of essential oils to the bath.
- Spread essential oils to cleanse your home of negative energy, to bring love to you, to soothe and relax your household, etc.
- Blend essential oils together for a specific intention.
- Insipid with carrier oils and use to anoint chakras, third eye, and power points of the body.
- Using a cloth to rub essential oil onto altar and tools.
- Bless a goddess statue with essential oil.
- Add a few drops essential oil to tops of candles.
- Dilute and anoint candles for candle magic.
- Use as offerings to ancestors, spirits, gods, guides.
- Add to water and put it in a spray bottle. Spray around the house for cleansing and other purposes.
And as always, you can set an intention that the best oils for you to bring into your life at this time will be revealed to you. Then, just be open to receiving the message, and you’ll have your answer when the time is right!