Moon phases are a powerful way to time your rituals and magick. But did you know there are other ways besides moon phases? What if you don’t have time to wait for the moon to grow full, can you use a specific day of the week? Of course, you can. Here we look at the magical days of the week as another (quicker) option to time your rituals.
Plan your own 7 magical Days of the week and prepare the correspondences
1. Magical Monday
We often dread Mondays, but Monday has a special kind of magic that might make you think differently. Monday is named after the Moon. Therefore, all magick related to the moon can also be performed on a Monday! No more waiting for the right moon cycle if you have an immediate need. Cast spells and performs rituals for the following intentions: love, healing, intuition, psychic abilities, dreams, emotional balance, friendship, purification, fertility, shadow, and spirit work.
Monday’s Magical Correspondences:
- Magical Intentions: intuition, dreams, shadow work, psychic abilities, emotional balance, friendship
- Crystals/Metals: silver, moonstone, pearl, fluorite, amethyst, quartz, sapphire
- Herbs: moonflower, jasmine, gardenia, white rose
- Gods/Goddesses: Thoth, Selene, Diana, Artemis, Luna, Hecate, Phoebe, Kalfu
Tuesday’s name isn’t as easy to figure out. Tuesday is named after the Norse god of lightning, justice, and war – Tyr. When Tuesday rolls around, my mom and I say, Happy Tyr’s Day! Being that Tyr was a powerful god with strength and virility, the magick you perform on Tuesday should include justice/legal issues, protection, binding, banishing, reversal, courage, power, passion, self-esteem and confidence, and more. Not surprisingly, Tuesday is ruled by the planet Mars (also a god of war).
Tuesday’s Magick Correspondences:
- Magical Intentions: legal matters, justice, protection, binding, banishing, reversal, courage, self-confidence
- Crystals: carnelian, ruby, bloodstone, garnet, red jasper
- Herbs: dragon’s blood, nettle, thistle, thorns, wormwood, hawthorn, red flowers, and plants associated with Mars
- Gods/Goddesses: Tyr, Mars, Apollo, Maeve, Bran, Ares, Valkyries, Sekhmet, Kali, The Morrigan, any war or justice deity
3. Miraculous Wednesday
Wednesday is also a day that acquired its name from an old Norse god – Odin. In the Germanic, in particular Saxon tribes, he was also called Woten or Wodin, hence Wednesday or Woden’s day. Odin is the All-Father in the Norse pantheon and rules wisdom, mischief, poetry, quests, and the runes (among many other things). Wednesday is ruled by the planet Mercury, which rules communication and more. So, if you cast on Wednesday, it should be for one of the following intentions: communication (verbal and written), technology, cars/transportation, wisdom, clarity, spiritual growth or enlightenment, travel, psychic abilities, courage, divination (particularly the runes), and power.
Wednesday’s Magical Correspondences:
- Magical Intentions: divination, wisdom, knowledge, education, traveling, communication, spiritual enlightenment, courage, mischief
- Crystals: Agate, citrine, aventurine, sodalite, hematite, emerald
- Herbs: lavender, rosemary, fern, cherry, licorice, poppy, mugwort, plantain, apple, fennel, chervil
- Gods/Goddesses: Odin, Mercury, Hermes
Thursday is named for one of our favorite Marvel characters and originally the Norse god of thunder – Thor. Thursday’s magick focuses on the following intentions: protection, power, male fertility, strength, purification, consecration, storm energy, and forest magick. In addition, Thursday is ruled by the planet Jupiter, which is the planet of good luck, prosperity, health, career success, leadership, politics, legal matters, etc.
Thursday’s Magical Correspondences:
- Magical Intentions: storms, legal matters, military, protection, cleansing, consecration, good luck, prosperity, career success
- Crystals/Stones: amethyst, sapphire, turquoise, lepidolite, sugilite
- Herbs: cinnamon, beech, oak, thorns, garlic, hawthorn, leek and onion, thistle
- Gods/Goddesses: Thor, Juno, Jupiter
Friday is a magical day of the week named for one of two goddesses: Freya or Frigg. Both are Norse goddesses and it’s debated whether Friday is named after one or the other. Some say they’re the same goddess, further complicating the matter. Freya and Frigg share similar qualities, which are good intentions for Friday magick: love, motherhood, marriage, emotions, female fertility, the household, passion, beauty, war, and death. Friday is ruled by the planet Venus, Venus was also a goddess of love, passion, etc. When you think of Friday think the day of LOVE and passion.
Friday Magic Correspondences:
- Magical Intentions: love, passion, sex, home and hearth, family, motherhood, female fertility, death, beauty
- Crystals/stones: rose quartz, pink tourmaline, moonstone, jade, peridot, emerald, ruby
- Herbs: red hibiscus, rose, lavender, rosemary, jasmine, blue lotus, violet, birch, sage, ivy
- Gods/Goddesses: Freya, Frigg, Venus, Aphrodite
Saturday is named after the planet and god Saturn. Therefore everything Saturn rules is appropriate for magick on Saturdays including self-improvement and transformation, knowledge-seeking, time, evaluating one’s personal values, banishing negativity and bad habits, etc.
Saturday Magic Correspondences:
- Magical Intentions: knowledge, values/morals, time, banishing, self-transformation, psychic defense, meditation, locating lost items or people, self-defense, liberation
- Crystals/stones: onyx, obsidian, smokey quartz, jet, pumice
- Herbs: myrrh, moss, thyme, basil, hemlock, nettle, peppermint, pomegranate, hyacinth, mallow, juniper
- Gods/Goddesses: Saturn, The Norns, Oshun, Yemaya, Set, Cronus
Sunday is named for…you guessed it…the Sun! So we can think of this weekday’s magick as everything related to the sun. Cast your spells and perform rituals on Sunday for the following intentions: growth, prosperity, strength, vitality, healing, opportunity, money, and victory.
Sunday’s magical correspondences:
- Magical Intentions: abundance, growth, enlightenment, strength, healing
- Crystals: Citrine, sunstone, pyrite, gold, goldstone, carnelian, orange calcite, tiger’s eye, amber
- Herbs: sunflower, chamomile, calendula, marigold, bergamot, oak, rosemary, oregano
- Gods/Goddesses: Helios, Amaterasu, Sunna, Sulis, Ra, Bastet, Sekhmet, Freyr, Apollo, Belenos, Aurora
Not everyone does complicated magick on a daily basis. In fact, most of us don’t. However, we can do little things to harness the energy of the magical days of the week by setting up a simple magical routine for each day. For example, tend your garden on Sunday, pull a tarot card on Monday, pray for protection on Tuesday, read a book on Wednesday, go for a nature walk on Thursday, wear rose quartz on Friday, and meditate for 10 minutes on Saturday. Make it your own and work it into your daily routine for extra benefits!